It’s a good time of year to catch up on the top episodes of Dementia Matters.
Dementia Matters is a podcast about Alzheimer’s disease from Wisconsin Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center (ADRC), hosted by UW Health geriatrician and memory care specialist Nathaniel Chin, MD. Listeners learn about research advances, caregiver strategies and prevention tips from local and national dementia experts. In 2021, Dementia Matters released 25 episodes on topics ranging from diet and brain health to the power of imagination in dementia care. Based on listener downloads, below is a list of the five most popular Dementia Matters episodes of 2021.*
- How Close Are We to Curing Alzheimer’s Disease? — Guest: Nina Silverberg, PhD, director of the Alzheimer’s Disease Research Centers (ADRC) Program at the National Institute on Aging (NIA)
- How to Shape Your Brain Health and Reduce Your Risk for Alzheimer’s Disease — Guest: Michelle Braun, PhD, neuropsychologist, author and national leader in the field of brain health
- From Studying to Living with Alzheimer’s Disease: A Conversation with Dr. Daniel Gibbs — Guest: Daniel Gibbs, PhD, neurologist
- The Powerful Benefits of Music on Memory Loss — Guest: Dan Cohen, CEO and founder of Right to Music
- Emergency Care Tips for People with Dementia — Guest: Manish Shah, MD, MPH, professor, BerbeeWalsh Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
—This article is shared from the Wisconsin ADRC news page.